• K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
• 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
• Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
• DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
• Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
• Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
• Comfortable ergonomic handles
Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
• Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in QSC's high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
• DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
• GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on QSC's GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
• Configuration: 18" Subwoofer
• Transducer: 18" cone transducer
• Frequency Response (-6 dB): 40 Hz - 112 Hz
• Frequency Range (-10 dB): 37 Hz - 129 Hz
• Maximum SPL1: 135 dB peak
• Power Output2:
1000 W Class D continuous • Input Impedance (ohms) XLR / ¼": 38k balanced / 19k unbalanced
2000 W peak
• Controls: Power, Gain, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP™), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
• Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
Dual balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector • Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
• Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output over-current, over-temperature muting, GuardRail™
• Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
• AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
• AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power):
100 VAC, 2.3 A Enclosure:
120 VAC, 2.01 A
230 VAC, 1.13 A
• Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
• Finish: Black textured paint
• Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
• Dimensions with casters (HxWxD): 20.1" x 23.4" x 29.9" (510 x 595 x 761mm)
• Weight (Net): 88 lb (40 kg)
• Available Accessories (sold separately): KW181 COVER
1 For comparison purposes and in accordance with common industry practice, maximum peak SPL specifications are theoretical calculations based upon transducer sensitivity and peak available amplifier power.
2 Independent of limiters and driver protection circuits.