• K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
• 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
• Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
• DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
• Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
• Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
• Comfortable ergonomic handles
• 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™
Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75" HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
• Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in QSC's high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
• DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
• GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on QSC's GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
The KW152 features a unique Tilt-Direct™ pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).
• Configuration: 15" 2-way trapezoidal
Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer • Frequency Response (-6 dB): 47 Hz - 18 kHz
High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
• Frequency Range (-10 dB): 44 Hz - 20 kHz
• Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 60° axisymmetric
• Maximum SPL1: 133 dB peak
• Power Output2:
1000 W Class D (500 W LF, 500 W HF) continuous • Input Impedance (ohms):
2000 W peak
Channel A XLR / ¼":
Mic gain setting/Balanced/Unbalanced
+36 dB/660 ohms/330 ohms
Channel B XLR / ¼": 38k balanced / 19k unbalanced
Channel B RCA: 10k
Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0 dB / 12 dB / 24 dB / 36 dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP™), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit) • Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24 dB and 36 dB settings)
Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out , Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector • Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
• Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output over current, over temperature muting, GuardRail™
• Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
• AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100-240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
• AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power):
100 VAC, 2.3 A Enclosure:
120 VAC, 2.01 A
230 VAC, 1.13 A
• Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
• Finish: Black textured paint
• Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
• Dimensions (HxWxD): 32.1" x 17.5" x 15.2" (816 x 445 x 386mm)
• Weight (Net): 62 lb (28 kg)
• Available Accessories (sold separately): KW152 COVER, KW M10 KIT
1 For comparison purposes and in accordance with common industry practice, maximum peak SPL specifications are theoretical calculations based upon transducer sensitivity and peak available amplifier power.
2 Independent of limiters and driver protection circuits.