• True Strobe Display
Easy to read display instantly shows the slightest difference in pitch of the note played from the indicated note. The ring of LEDs is a true stroboscope, driven directly by the analog input signal and a precision internal frequency reference. This gives zero latency and instantly shows the slightest tuning error. • True Bypass / Muted Output
The output of the ST-200 is muted when the tuner is on, and when off the input signal is passed directly to the output. It is completely disconnected from all internal circuitry and the tuner puts zero load on the signal. • Extreme Accuracy
The internal timing generator is calibrated at the factory to maintain a precision of ±.02 cents. • Chromatic Mode
Permits tuning to any of the 12 notes from C0 to C8, in any temperament. In this mode the note display shows the note name (A-G#). • Open Tuning Modes
In open tuning mode, the tuner only selects notes that are defined for the particular tuning, and the note display shows the string number instead of the note name. For example, standard guitar tuning has six notes, E4, B3, G3, D3, A2 and E2. These are displayed as string numbers 1-6. • Power On Restore
The ST-200 remembers the settings for mode, drop tuning and A4 changes. No battery is necessary. • Flat Tuning
Lowers all pitches up to six semitones. • Reference Pitch Change
By default, the tuner uses A4=440Hz as the reference pitch. This can be changed in increments of .1Hz, over the range of 300.0 Hz to 599.9 Hz. • Temperaments
The ST-200 can operate in the equal temperament or any 12 note temperament the user desires. The ST-200 can store a total of 5 different temperaments, in addition to the equal temperament. • Battery or External 9 Volt Operation
The Turbo Tuner ST-200 can operate for 12 hours continuous from a standard alkaline battery. This is enough for about 1,000 tune ups. It also works with any 9 Volt adapter designed for stomp boxes. • Low Battery Indication - When there is about a half an hour of battery life remaining, a low battery warning is shown on the note display every 2 minutes. • Made in the USA!
Front Panel Description:
• True Strobe Display Pattern in the ring of LEDs rotates left if the note is flat, and rotates right if the note is sharp.
• Sharp/Flat LEDs These activate if the note is more than 50 cents out of tune.
These are only active in "open tuning" mode.
• LED Note Display Displays the note name in chromatic mode, or the string number in open tuning mode.
• A4 ¹ 440 Illuminates when the A reference is set to any value other than 440.0 Hz. The range of A4 is 300.0 to 599.9 Hz in .1 Hz increments.
• Drop Tuning Indicator You may drop the tuning up to 6 semitones.
• Mode Indicator Six modes total. All except CHRM (chromatic) are fully programmable. They may be set as an open tuning or chromatic, and each note may be offset ±50.0 cents in .1 cent increments.
• True Bypass, Muted Output
• Mode/Calibrate Button Changes mode in normal operation. Hold down during power on to change the A4 reference.
• Mode/Drop Tuning Button Changes mode in normal operation. Hold down during power on to change the number of semitones to drop.